Sunday, April 26, 2009

general awesome-ness on a sunny sunday

Well it was a really nice Sunday today. I went for a good long walk along the Port Coquitlam Dyke with my friend Tracey and it was fabulous! We both commented on the peace and quiet, absolutely no traffic noise, the sun glinting off the water, the sun shining on our faces. We walked for about 1 hour, 40 minutes which was some excellent exercise in my book. Thanks, Tracey for re-introducing me to that area as I hadn't been there in oh, about 18 years. If anyone is interested in checking it out, it's at the end of Dominion Avenue, which is off of Ottawa. Then we went off to Starbucks and Tracey treated me to my "Skinny Sugar Free Extra Hot Vanilla Latte, please" - Delicious! Then Kin's Farm Market for fruit & veggies, the Bakehouse Bakery for a little chocolate treat, and then Coquitlam Center to search for Canucks Gear. I found a very cute Canucks tee shirt which I cannot wait to wear.
And now it's back to working on my Recipe Card for the Scrapaholics Club's 'Cakes, Cheesecake and Pie swap' due in May - mine is a "Decadent Chocolate Torte", which I baked and taste-tested a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty divine! ;)
Hope everyone else had a great Sunday in this awesome weather !

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love days like that? No rush rush rush to achieve goals and deadlines...just pure relaxation!
    Now...GET over it..it's Monday tomorrow LOL


    Hmmm looking forward to the swap too...have to work on mine too...see... already with the deadlines LOL

    Sue...your reality based buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that sounds like the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks yah it was great! and yep here it is....monday! ack ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a pretty awesome day!

    ReplyDelete